Check out the drop-down menu of our most frequently asked questions.
Scholarships and Deadlines
When is the Scholarship application period for 2024?
- February 5 to March 15, 2024
What if I apply late?
- The deadlines are very strict, so complete your application by March 15. We will not accept late applications.
Can I apply for At Large scholarships?
- At Large scholarships are available to all students who apply – as long as they meet the specific requirements for each At Large scholarship.
Do I need my ACT/SAT scores to apply?
- Include your highest ACT and/or SAT scores.
When do I need to tell you my school for the first year?
- We’d like to know as soon as you make your decision, but no later than July 31.
Does the scholarship go to my first semester?
- Most colleges/universities/trade schools split each year’s scholarship between the Fall and Spring semesters for each year.
What if there is money left over at the end of the year?
- We will “roll over” the left-over money for next year?
What if there’s money left over when I graduate from school?
- Your school will return the left-over money to the Foundation.
What if my school doesn’t get the scholarship money?
- Contact us as soon as possible, and we will help track it down.
- Contact us at email@example.com or call 918-633-9897.
- Identify yourself as a scholarship awarded student, confirm the school you are attending.
Will I automatically get my scholarship renewed each year?
- Please send us your transcript in May after each year you are in school. We must receive your transcript before we will send your next check.
What do I have to do to keep getting my scholarship each year?
- We expect you to complete 12 credits (or equivalent) each semester and end each year with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher and be in Good Standing with your school.
Will the scholarship check be sent directly to me?
- Scholarship checks will be sent directly to your college, university, vocational/training school in early August.
How do I make a donation as a Tribute Donation?
- There is a place on the Donation form to name the person you want to honor.
Who acknowledges the donation?
- If you want the family of the honored person to be notified, a hand-written acknowledgement will be mailed to the family. Please provide the address for the card.
What other ways can I support Oklahoma Educational Memorial Trust Foundation without making a donation?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know ways you are interested in assisting. We are always looking for talented individuals to assist with marketing, social media, and other usual non-profit assistance.
Can I cancel my recurring donation?
- Yes, but we hope you stay with us!